HOW TO WRITE YOUR SCREENPLAY — FROM CONCEPT TO GETTING PUBLISHED
The BEST COURSE CHOICE for those with a screenplay idea and a desire to turn it into reality!
In this lively and fun course, screenwriter and mentor Dani Alcorn shows you how to achieve success.
Do you have a great idea for a movie and want to turn it into a screenplay? Have you already started a screenplay and gotten stuck? Have you finished a screenplay but feel it needs polish? Screenwriting Workshop shows you how to accomplish all of these things and helps you market your work and get it onto the big screen.
In these fun and lively lessons, Dani Alcorn guides you on the path to success. You'll learn how to create and polish a screenplay step by step. Topics include:
- Story Structure
- Creating Compelling Characters
- Using Archetypes to Flesh Out Character
- The Hero's Journey
- Creating Treatments that Sell
- Developing the Perfect Beginning and Ending
- Making Your Theme Resonate
- Crafting Dialogue that Rings True
- Creating Action that Packs a Punch
- Controlling Pacing
- Screenplay Formatting
- Pitching a Great Idea
- Designing the Perfect Logline
- Online Resources for Screenwriters
- Marketing Your Screenplay
More than 1000 students have taken this course and rated it 5 out of 5 stars!
Whether you're just getting started or you're an experienced screenwriter, Screenwriting Workshop helps you turn your dream into a reality.
What are the requirements?
- Open to all aspiring writers, young or old, experienced or just getting started
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 50 lectures and 5 hours of content!
- Downloadable, printable handouts and exercises
- 50 Discussion Areas where you can share your work and get feedback
- Turn Your Idea Into a Screenplay
- Create a Pitch that Sells
- Polish Your Screenplay
- Develop a Marketing Plan
- Get Your Screenplay Produced!
What is the target audience?
- First-Time Authors
- If Your Screenplay Needs Polish
- If Your Screenplay is Unfinished
- Authors Who Want to See Their Ideas on the Screen
Dani is a Chicago-based screenwriter. She is the author of the Young Adult novel The Last Telepath, and three screenplays:
- A Quintessence of Dust, a science fiction riff on what would happen if Hamlet met Bladerunner
- How to Catch an Englishman, a romantic comedy about moving overseas in search of an eligible bachelor
- Do No Harm, a drama that explores the ethical choices facing a heart surgeon when her personal and professional lives collide
Dani graduated Summa Cum Laude from Northwestern University, where she majored in Psychology and Radio, Television, & Film.
StartGetting Ideas (9:59)
StartElements of a Good Tale: Plot vs. Story (4:48)
StartCreating Compelling Characters (3:44)
StartSupporting Characters (11:25)
StartThe Hero's Journey (22:10)
StartTheme: What is This Movie Really About? (4:49)
StartLoglines and Pitches (8:14)
StartIntroduction to Structure (5:43)
StartFour Act Structure (17:50)
StartThree Act Structure (5:59)
StartAct 1 (9:24)
StartAct 2 (6:29)
StartAct 3 (6:36)
StartBeginnings and Endings (14:33)
StartTreatments and Outlines (11:01)
Frequently Asked Questions
A few of our favorite student reviews:
"It was nice to have an instructor who wasn't afraid to have fun right along with the students. For me, it created a relaxed environment where even the smallest question never felt out of place or foolish."
"I've told people that this class was life-changing when it comes to my ability to structure and complete a work of fiction. I always became blocked and wondered how people knew where their story was going next and how to make sure they were headed in the right direction. This answered all my questions and forced me to get to work on my idea. All around fantastic - worth every penny!"
"Can you see me? I'm giving you a standing ovation! Haven't done this much thinking, rethinking, breaking pencils, and eventually cheering since I graduated from college. Thank you for an inspiring and brilliant class!"